General Skills and Teacher Training for ATS® are scheduled in San Francisco Bay Area this November. Are you planning to come to study with Carolena & FatChanceBellyDance® or considering taking the course in the future? Here are some tips for your preparation!
GS is composed of two workshops. One is Two 5-hour days for GS Classic and the other is Two 5-hour days for GS Modern, a total of 20 hours over 4 days. GS Classic covers Tribal Basics Vol. 1&4 DVD and GS Modern covers Vol. 7 DVD. If you don’t own these DVDs, please get your copy from FCBD® Online Store!
- Watch the DVD to recognize the name of steps, shapes, using which part of the body, sections for slow moves and counts for fast moves.
- Dance with DVD – follow what Carolena is saying and move as what you see in the video.
- If you want to learn more details and drill for each step, please join Carolena on Patreon
ATS® Teacher Training
You have to graduate GS before taking Teacher Training. This is the course for how you present the concept of ATS® and the steps. Becoming an ATS® teacher means to accurately inform what Carolena said on DVD and at the workshop to your students and next generations. So here is what I did for my TT preparation.
- Listen to DVD (Audio only without watching the screen) and see if you understand what Carolena said.
- Repeat what Carolena said
- Make a note from what Carolena said
- Write a sequence of how to teach for each step
- Move yourself with your instruction
I’m a visual learner and sometimes I have the illusion that I understood fully without listening. I think it’s important to learn and understand from both auditory/visual, so you can use them when you teach.
You have 10 months till GS/TT in the Bay Area. Happy Shimmies and hope to see you there.